This deed of Declaration of Trust made this 30thday of AUGUST 2011 by Dr. PIYUSH CHAUHAN S/O Late Shri KEDAR SINGH ARYAR/O67-A, DWARIKA PURI EXTN, KANWALI,GMS ROAD, DEHRADUN-248001, UTTARAKHAND here in after called “SETTLER”.
Mission: Our mission is to eradicate the lack of health care facilities in rural India by creating a chain of primary health care units that offer high quality, affordable outpatient care in low income, densely populated regions, where health care delivery by the state is sparse.
Vision: Our vision is to set up primary health care centres in the remotest corners of India and establish 25 additional centres in the next five years in the most rural areas of uttarakhand, Uttar pradesh & Himachal Pradesh and over 100 new centres in the next ten years, throughout the length and breadth of our country. The provision for a mobile hospital equipped to provide basic medical services at the doorstep of the poorest is also envisioned
Inspired by the life & teachings of Gautam Buddha and to minimise human sufferings a trust "Buddha Peace Foundation" (BPF) was registered under Indian Trusts Act 1882 on 30th September 2011 at Dehradun in the himalayan state of Uttarakhand in North India,Believing that love & peace manifest in action, activities began for disadvantaged, showing the seeds of BPF services.
1. Buddha Peace Foundation's Vision for Uttarakhand, Sikkim & Himachal Pradesh, Jharkhand,Uttar Pradesh
2. That disadvantaged families from hilly rural areas and urban poverty evolve into vibrant communities, with a solid foundation of self-help and collective development initiatives: creating opportunities for each person to develop their full potential, so that they emerge as self reliant, responsible and constructive citizen's of the world
The Trust shall be called BUDHHA PEACEFOUNDATION.
The registered office of the trust will be at 67-A, DWARIKA PURI EXTN, KANWALI,GMS ROAD, DEHRADUN-248001,UTTARAKHANDand trust will maintain offices as per requirement in India and abroad.
Area of activity would be primarily whole India.
The trust and its members shall work for upliftment of general massessocially and economically disadvantage personsin particular and other weaker sections in general and as mentioned under.
1. To coordinate with the United Nations and allied Associations and its agencies and other voluntary groups for their Socio-Economic development activities.
2. To Work for the Socio-Economic development cause of the downtrodden societies in India and abroad.
3. To promote peace through enhancing harmony & brotherhood among nations, cultures, religions etc.
4. To establish institutions to promote spiritual, emotional & intellectual quotient to achieve human excellence.
5. To promote, carry research & development in all spheres of human knowledge i.e. science, humanities, culture & arts, life sciences, environment, energy for socio-economic empowerment of weaker sections, women & children.
6. To cooperate & coordinate with other institutions to achieve common goals ofbetter survival &development of human & other living being.
7. To spread the message of understanding to optimize human consumption of natural resources for sustainable human existence. 8. To promote the effective use of all means of mass communication for better understanding of coexistence among nations, cultures, religions. 9. To provide training on the Various subjects relating to Humanities, Arts, Science& Life Sciences regularly at part-time & full-time educational programmers at Higher, Graduation & Post-Graduation level.
10. To provide the availability, reach, responsibility resources for drinking water &sewage management by which the various sections of society, particularly the people living in far flung areas, the poorest villagers & the scheduled tribes can raise their standards of living.
There will be a advisory board to assist and advise to the trust and shall comprises not more than ten members and the members may increase as per the resolution of the Executive Body.
(i) The members of the advisory board will be nominated /appointed by the Chairman for a period of two years.
(ii) Chairman will appoint/nominate any member of the board designated as a coordinator amongst the member of board for the period of two years.
(iii) Advisory board will work under supervision and control of the Chairman.
Chairman will dissolve the board/suspend the membership of any member or Director/Coordinator on prior fifteen days notice in writing if any adverse remarks is found about the members, directors and coordinators which is not conducive to manage and control the aims and objectives of the trust.
BOARD OF TRUSTEE: The Settler and all the Trustees shall collective constitute the Board of Trustees with the Settler as its Chairman for life. The Board of Trustees shall be the custodian of all the properties whether movable or immovable of the Trust and in matters of property and finance, it may veto the decision of the Executive Committee.
The Meeting /emergency Meeting of the Board of Trustees shall be called and presided over by the Chairman. The Board of Trustees shall meet at least once in a year to review and supervise the functioning/work of the Executive Committee and shall have power to recommend changes for the consideration of the Executive Committee.
The Board of Trustees shall comprise not less than five and not more than ten Trustees including the Chairman. The above mentioned Trustees shall be founder Trustees and shall be called the Board of Trustees. The following shall constitute the first Board of Trustees. The settler Dr. PIYUSH CHAUHANand other trustees shall be the Trustees and shall hold office for life. All other Trustees shall hold office for a period of three years and shall be eligible for re-appointment in the manner stated in THESE PRESENTS.
In the event of vacancy of the life Trustees caused by death, resignation or otherwise, any person eligible to be enrolled as Member for the Trust Shall be elected as life Trustees by simple majority Trustees by simple majority for the life Trustees present and voting in a Meeting especially called for the purpose. The quorum for the Meeting of Board of Trustees shall be one third. The Chairman shall have a casting vote, in case of tie.
Presently there are only seven life Trustees. However, if the Chairman is of the view that services of any person(s) is required or essential for better management of the Trust; he can nominate such person(s) as life Trustee(s) after consultation with Board of Trustees.
The Membership of the Trust shall be open to all persons irrespective of their faith sex, race, caste, color and domicile, who have attained the age of eighteen years or above and are not of unsound mind and subscribe to the aims and objectives and rules and regulations of the Trust.
THE MEMBERS OF THE TRUST SHALL BE OF THE FOLLOWING CATEGORIES.
(1) LIFE MEMBERS: All the aforementioned life Trustees shall be the life Members of the Trust. Any person who is eligible to be enrolled as a Member shall become life Member on one time payment a sum of Rs.11,000/-(Rs. ELEVEN Thousand only) and above to the Trust and such life members shall contribute annually an amount equal to 1 per cent of his annual income or Rs.5000, whichever is higher.
(2) ORDINARY MEMBERS: A person eligible to be enrolled as Member may be admitted as Ordinary Member by the Executive Committee on his/her payment of Rs. 5,000/- as admission fee and a monthly subscription of RS.50/- or as may be prescribed by the Executive Committee from time to time. Any ordinary Member who fails to make payment of monthly subscription for consecutive three months from the due date shall seize to be the ordinary Member of the Trust. However such a person if he/she applies for re-admission and the Executive Committee is satisfied that sufficient reason existed for non-payment thereof such a person may be re-admitted and exempted from paying the admission fee again, if so decided by the Executive Committee.
(3) HONORARY PATRONS: Those who are requested by the Trustees to accept the office of the honorary chief patron and two patrons shall be nominated to such position of eminence in educational, social, cultural and political fields.
(4) INSTITUTIONAL MEMBERS: The Executive Committee may admit Govt./Semi-Govt. private institutions/ NGO’s as institutional Members on payment of Rs. 11,000/- as admission fee and annual subscription of Rs.1,000/- if the Executive Committee is satisfied that such institutions subscribe to and/or involve in the implementation of programmers in accordance with the aims and objectives of the Trust. The Executive Committee may change the annual subscription of institutional from time to time.
The institutional Members are entitled to nominate one person each to attend the Meeting of General Body and such Members shall have the right to vote and contest election of the Executive Committee. All applications for enrolment as Member of the Trust shall be addressed to the Secretary of the Trust who after being satisfied about the genuineness of the applicant, shall submit it to the Chairman. The Chairman may recommend and place the application.
Subject to the overall supervision and guidance of the Chairman of the Board of Trustees, all the properties finances and other administrative affairs of the Trust shall be controlled and managed by the Executive Committee.
The first office bearers shall be elected at the first Meeting of the Board of Trustees after the registration of the Trust deed.
The Executive Committee shall consist of the following:-
1. CHAIRMAN- Dr. PIYUSH CHAUHAN
2. VICE-CHAIRMAN- Mr. TARUN BHAGOLIWAL
3. SECRETARY- Mr. ARUN KUMAR TYAGI
4. TREASURER- Smt. RASHMI CHAUHAN
5. Member- Smt. VIDUSHI TYAGI
6. Member- Mr. SURESH PAL
7. Member- Smt. SANDHYA BANA
Seven Executive Members (three shall be nominated by the Chairman and the remaining fourshall be elected by the General Body).
(a) The Settler shall be the Chairman of Board of Trustees as well as Chairman of Executive Committee. In the event of vacancy caused by death/resignation or otherwise the remaining life Trustees shall elect the Chairman from amongst themselves a candidate who gets the highest number of votes of the life Trustees present and voting at a Meeting especially called for this purpose. The Chairman so elected shall hold office for a period of three years. However the Chairman so elected shall be eligible for re-election for two consecutive terms only.
(b) The Chairman shall be the head of the Trust and shall be competent to represent the Trust. He shall be the chief custodian and financial authority of the Trust and shall exercise overall supervisions and control over the Trust.
(c) The Chairman shall ensure that the aims and objectives and rules and regulations of the Trust are duly implemented, he/she shall have all powers necessary to ensure, observance and take such action as deemed necessary against such Members of the staff who violate the aims and objectives and rules and regulations of the Trust.
(d) The Chairman may, if he/she is of the opinion that immediate action is necessary on any matter, exercise any power conferred on any authority/officer of the Trust and shall report it to the Executive Committee. Subject to the overall supervision and guidance of the Chairman of the Board of Trustees, all the properties finances and other administrative affairs of the Trust shall be controlled and managed by the Executive Committee. The first office bearers shall be elected at the first Meeting of the Board of Trustees after the registration of the Trust deed.
(a) The Vice-Chairman shall be nominated by the Chairman for a period of three years with the consultation of Board of Trustee from amongst the life Trustees.
(b) The Vice-Chairman shall be eligible to be re-nominated after completion of his/her term.
(c) The Vice Chairman shall assist the Chairman in the discharge of duties of the Chairman and perform such duties and exercise such powers as delegated by the Chairman or authorized by the Executive Committee from time to time.
(d) The Vice Chairman if so designated by the Chairman shall officiate as the Chairman in the absence of the Chairman or if the Chairman is unable to perform his/her duties owing to death/illness or otherwise.
(a) The Secretary of the Trust shall be nominated by the Chairman in consultation with the Board of Trustees for a period of three years from amongst the Trustees.
(b) The Secretary of the Trust shall be in-charge of administration and office work and shall maintain the records of the Trust.
(c) The Secretary will be responsible to prepare the annual report of the Trust under the guidance of the Chairman and present it to the Executive Committee.
(a) The Treasurer shall be nominated by the Chairman for a period of three years amongst the Trustees. The Treasurer will be eligible for re-nomination on completion of his/her term.
(b) The Treasurer shall be responsible for managing the finances and the funds of the Trust and for ensuring that expenditure is incurred for approved purposes and money is granted or sanctioned by the competent authority.
(c) The Treasurer shall prepare in consultation with the Chairman the annual budget and accounts which will require the approval of the Executive Committee and Board of Trustees.
(d) The Treasurer shall ensure that the accounts of the Trust are regularly audited and annual audit report is presented before the Executive Committee and the Board of Trustee.
The mentioned Trustees for life have given their respective consent and have agreed to act as life Trustees along with the Settler for attainment of the aims and objectives of these presents in terms of the rules and regulations contained here in after.
Dr. PIYUSH CHAUHAN S/O Late Shri KEDAR SINGH ARYA R/O67-A,DWARIKA PURI EXTN, KANWALI,GMS ROAD, DEHRADUN-248001,UTTARAKHAND.
Mr. TARUN BHAGOLIWAL S/O Shri. S.P. BHAGOLIWAL R/O B-1/12,SEC-B, ALIGANJ, LUCKNOW, UTTAR PRADESH.
Mr. ARUN KUMAR TYAGI S/O Late Shri KANHAIYA LAL TYAGI, Village – SUJAMNA R/O, Post – BACHHRAON, District – J.P.NAGAR-244225,UP.
Smt. RASHMI CHAUHAN W/O Dr. PIYUSH CHAUHAN67-A,DWARIKA PURI EXTN, KANWALI,GMS ROAD, DEHRADUN-248001,UTTARAKHAND
Smt. VIDUSHI TYAGI W/O Arun Kumar Tyagi R/O G-1/4, UTTAM NAGAR, New Delhi –110059.
Mr. SURESH PAL S/O LATE SHRI RAJ PAL R/O A-3,SAKET DHAM-121,SEC-5,RAJENDER NAGAR, GHAZIABAD-201005, UTTAR PRADESH
Smt. SANDHYA BANA W/O NARESH PAL SINGH BANAA-3,SAKET DHAM-121,SEC-5,RAJENDER NAGAR, GHAZIABAD-201005, UTTAR PRADESH